Friday, September 08, 2006

Watch For: Saving Sally

In all honesty, only seldom do I get excited over an upcoming local (Filipino) film. I'm looking forward to the film adaptation of Zsa Zsa Zaturnah, but only because I loved the comics on which it is based (I'm not so hot about the cast that they assembled, or the director that they chose to helm it). But it is a small (ok, maybe not so small) independent film that the director, Avid Liongoren, promises to finish within the next 243 years (I'm hoping that it comes out sooner) that has got me really stoked. How much? I found myself gleefully clapping while viewing the trailer and other tidbits found on the official website. The tagline says that Saving Sally is "A Tiny Independent Film About A Girl, A Boy, A Few Monsters & Some Ice Cream." Intriguing. The production is even more so; it's going to be the first Filipino full-length feature to be shot entirely on a blue screen. It has something of the look and feel of Dave McKean's MirrorMask, but it undoubtedly has uniquely Filipino sensibilities. I highly encourage you to check it our for yourself. A trailer, a music video, and a photo gallery are all up at the site.

No comments: