Friday, October 21, 2005

All the King's Men...Gone

Slight changes have been made to the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress categories due to the recent announcement that All the King's Men is out of the Oscar race this year. I replaced Sean Penn with Jeff Daniels (The Squid and the Whale) and Patricia Clarkson with Uma Thurman (The Producers). Clarkson's exit saddens me, but maybe it's Thurman's chance to get a nom. But I'm doubtful; if she failed to get a nod for her great turns in the Kill Bill films, how strong are her chances for this one? Then again, these films are completely different, the latest being a musical that might allow Uma to show erstwhile unseen acting skills. As for Daniels...well, it's the buzz, and the long career without an award. But this actor has personally annoyed me a lot more times than he has impressed me, and his filmography doesn't exactly say, "You owe me an Oscar."

No comments: