Friday, January 20, 2006

My Film Awards

For the past two years, I've also been posting my own Film Awards (check out last year's list here). I've always been at least a month late in posting it since I kinda "cheat" and wait to get to watch most of the year's acclaimed releases. Here in the Philippines, "Brokeback Mountain;" "Walk the Line;" "Good Night, and Good Luck.;" and a slew of other praised films have yet to be shown, so I don't want to name my "Bests" just yet. This month and February are crucial; most of the good films are going to be shown here during that period. I'll have my final awards out sometime around Oscar night (note: that doesn't mean it influences my own decisions), but here's the list of my Top 10 Films of 2005, thus far. I'll be regularly updating this list in the sidebar (if it needs to be updated) until the final one comes out in March.

1. "King Kong"
2. "Cinderella Man"
3. "Crash"
4. "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"
5. "The Constant Gardener"
6. "Batman Begins"
7. "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"
8. "In Her Shoes"
9. "A History of Violence"
10. "Sin City"

No comments: