Monday, January 09, 2006

Updated Predictions

I have updated predictions in the major categories and added my predictions to all other categories except Best Sound Mixing and Sound Editing, Best Animated Short, and the Documentary categories.

Just a few notes:
-I greatly struggled over whether Russell Crowe or Terrence Howard was going to get the fifth, rather uncertain slot (all the others are practically locks). I am settling for Crowe, who had a resurgence with nominations in the Golden Globes and from the SAG (Howard lacks the latter).
-The Best Supporting Actress category is such a pain to predict this year. If you look at the precursor awards, it's a mess! Only Michelle Williams, Frances McDormand, and, to some extent, Rachel Weisz seem to be constants. It's a free-for-all for at least three spots, I think. I have great doubts about Amy Adams, but what the heck.

2 comments:

Javier Aldabalde said...

How can you give "The Bicycle Thief" a C? That's just wrong...

evermoon said...

Granted, I think I just wasn't in the right mood when I watched it. I probably have to see it again. But right now, I'd have to say that I didn't like it at all. I found it extremely difficult to be sympathetic with the lead character for some reason.