Thursday, March 23, 2006

Keisha Castle-Hughes for Best Actress?

With direction by Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen), a cast including Keisha Castle-Hughes as the young Virgin Mary and Shoreh Aghdashloo as her sister, and a December release, Nativity seems to be poised to at least get some Oscar attention. I'm looking forward to this film a lot, if only because of my personal devotion to Mary. I don't expect this to sneak into the Best Picture race (unless it's phenomenal), but if there's someone from the film who can get a nod, it's previous nominee Castle-Hughes. I've updated my Best Actress predictions accordingly, dropping Meryl Streep (A Prairie Home Companion) for now. I know it's La Streep that we're talking about here (how dare I drop her, hehe), but her film's 9 June release just isn't too Oscar-friendly.

No comments: